These are a great treat when your in need of a chocolate fix! The coffee adds a nice twist to a regular brownie and are loved by all ages! If you wanted you could replace the chocolate with nuts or dried fruit for a bit more healthier recipe or you could just go out for the full works!
Ingredients (serves 15):
175g/6oz unsalted butter, save a bit extra for greasing
250g/8oz dark chocolate, broken up
2 tablespoons instant coffee
225g/7.5oz light muscovado sugar (I used soft brown sugar and it still worked fine)
75g/3oz self-raising flour
half a teaspoon of baking powder
200g/7oz milk chocolate (I used a mixture of chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (375F) or Gas Mark 5. Lightly grease or line a rectangular tin or a square tin.
2. Melt the choclate with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring frequently until smooth. Stir in the coffee,
3. In a seperate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture and then sift the flour and baking powder until they are combined. Lastly add the chocolate in the mixture.
4. Turn the mixture into the tine and level the surface. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a crust has formed but the mixture feels quite soft underneath. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
5. Grab a cuppa and relax with one or two squares.