Happy New Year!
To put it bluntly, 2016 has been sh*t! My anxiety has been the worst all year and I am feeling rather down hearted about my current situation. This year is going to be the year that I want to inject some positivity into my life. It’s the year where I don’t want to worry about unnecessary things. Here’s 7 things that I hope to achieve over the next twelve months.
1. A job would be lovely. The last job I had was an apprentice in a marketing and design company, I loved it but I lost my job due to my on going problems with my back. I’m not going to lie but having a break from work has enabled me to work more time on my blog but a little part time job somewhere would be brilliant.
2. I want to move out into my own place. Yes, I want to apply for a mortgage and at least be in a position to move out by the end of the year. I think I am wanting this a lot more than Edd but a little place to call my own and really put my own stamp on it would be a dream come true.
3. It’s okay to go outside with no makeup on! This is something I learnt last year and guess what?! No one cares. I want to give my skin a breather more often and become more confident with no makeup days.
4. I really want to work on my blog a lot more, I am thinking of bringing back the Saturday posts too so I will be posting four times a week. Last year, I really surprised myself with my blog and practically doubled my social media following. Ideally, I would love to do the exact same this year but I don’t want to set a certain goal in case I don’t reach it. I’ve learnt that if you well and truly blog about something that you enjoy then you will see a growth.
5. Since September, I have lost just over 1 stone. I am still feeling a bit meh about it because I just don’t notice a difference. This year I really want to reach my target weight or as close to it as possible. I say this with half a tub of Celebration chocolates right next to me…
6. Learn to be kind to myself. You only have to follow me on Twitter to realise that I am not a confident person at all. I want to start thinking more positively. To help with this, I have decorated a jar where I am going to put all my happy thoughts so when I am feeling down and a little bit rubbish about myself then I can get them all out and read them.
7. I have had the chance to work with some amazing brands and PRs and I would love to continue that as well as meet some fellow bloggers. I just want to be able to meet more like-minded people. Alice from Alice’s Wonder Emporium is one of my favourite blogging babes but I would love to meet other North East bloggers like Helen, Chloe and Amy. There’s also Sarah from The V Nice Life, Shenan from It’s Me Shenan XO and Lauren from What Lauren Did Today who I would love to meet up with too.
Cheers to 2017! Have you got any goals for this year? Let me know what you would like to achieve over the next twelve months.
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me!